Tuesday, September 17, 2013

Porta Coeli Museum {Puerto Rico}

Last week, I made a quick (and unexpected) visit to one of my hometown's museum. I was just passing by with my mom, and we decided to go in. I haven't shared many pictures from Puerto Rico here on the blog, so I guess this is the perfect excuse. The museum is named Porta Coeli (in Italian) which means Heaven's Doors. This is not an usual museum-- it's really simple and small. It's a religious art museum which was originally a church.

We had a great time and we learned a lot about our history. Visiting the museum was not part of our plan for the day so, I wasn't prepared with my camera... but I'm going to share with you some of the photos I took with my phone.











I want to thank our museum guide Mr. Guido Barletta, who besides answering all of our questions, emailed me some photos from 1930-1950. Here's one of them!


I love visiting museums! How about you?

4 comments:

  1. Nuestra historia es exquisita! He ido dos veces y en ambas instancias estaba cerrado. A ver si me animo nuevamente y llevo a mi chico. Gracias por compartir tu experiencia!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Lezeidaris, hace años que no visitaba el museo! Solo estan abriendo los dias de semana y a muchas personas se le hace dificil ir por que trabajan. Espero que vuelvan abrir los fines de semana, seria mas accesible para la mayoria.

      Delete
  2. That's awesome! I love museums, they are so fun and relaxing to roam around in.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yeah! and you also feel like you are in another world :) I love it!

      Delete

Thanks for stopping by! ♥