Friday, July 28, 2017

Poetry Journey: My Dream Poetry Conference Panel

As some of you may know, I've been writing. (Check out my poem: Breathing). I don't know... it was something unexpected, but I was really inspired because I've been reading a lot of poetry lately. I think what got me started was reading some kind of self-love, a wonderful poem from Gretchen Gómez. So with the help of Eventbrite, I came up with my dream poetry conference panel called Poetry Journey. Here it goes...

Place
Ohhh, I would love to host this panel in Puerto Rico, duh! I mean, we haven't been able to enjoy many book events here, so I wouldn't pass the opportunity to host this event at my beautiful island. The venue? The Embassy Suites Hotel at Dorado, Puerto Rico. Why? Because it has been one of the best hotels I've stayed in. Besides, this panel would be a 3 day event, so people would need a place to stay... A win win situation!

Guests
I would invite some of my favorite authors, including Gretchen Gómez, José Francisco Avilés-Acosta, Gabrielle Armstrong Velázquez, Cordelia Jensen, Amanda Lovelace and Rupi Kaur.

I would also invite some of my favorite book bloggers and bookstagramers; like Marianne, Cam and Jennifer from Boricuan Bookworms, Sylvia from Serial Bibliophile, Olivia from Stories for Coffee and Natalia, Dianelisse and Dash from Mil y un vidas entre páginas.

There would also be surprise guests: other authors and bloggers!

Moderators
Members from my book club, Reading Buddies! I would love for my friends to be able to moderate this poetry conference panel.
But the main moderator would be my lovely friend, María del Mar.

Everyone selected for this Dream Poetry Conference Panel, from the authors, the bloggers and moderators, holds a special place in my heart. That's why I selected them, because this would be a special event.

Agenda
Day 1: Panel with authors; they would talk about their tips for writing poetry, maybe something about creating writing, their publishing process, talk about their inspirations and more. They will also read some of their poems. There would be a pool party-book signing event, at the end of the day.

Day 2: Panel with book bloggers and bookstagrammers; creative writing and social media tips.

Day 3: Workshop with authors. Poetry reading and prices. It would also be great to have a book fair the weekend of the event.

If you like this idea and would like to be able to organize and register for conferences or events in your area, check out Eventbrite. This is the largest self-service ticketing online platform, and it's super easy to set up. I've been able to use it to register to events at my workplace and at college when I was studying. So, what are you waiting for?

By the way, if you work for a publishing company and happens to be reading this... PLEASE, bring more book events to Puerto Rico! :)

Have you been to a book event? If you could host your dream conference panel, how would it be? Tell me all about it, I would love to know!
            

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for stopping by! ♥