Wednesday, July 1, 2020

Announcement: new co-blogger, Andrea Carolina!

Hi everyone! I have some big news :) I am really excited to welcome my dear friend, and now co-blogger, Andrea Carolina! It all started with a casual conversation were she was giving me some ideas for my blog, and I told her she should help me and be my co-blogger... and guess what?! She accepted and here we are...

What's new on the blog?

Be sure to check out the tabs on the blog because we made some updates! We are now managing the Instagram and Facebook page together, but we will have some social media separated, like Twitter, Goodreads, etc. Must importantly, we will start sharing some videos in ASL (American Sign Language)! We will be making some short ASL videos were we share book reviews. Also, from now on, we will start writing our posts in English and Spanish. We are just two friends sharing our love for books, writing and ASL. We are super excited! And now, I want you to meet my friend...
Andrea Carolina's interview

Tell us a little bit about you.
HOLA! The chances that you’re reading this and your name is Andrea is pretty high. So, yeah, hi tocaya (namesake)! I’m Andrea Carolina. I’m a twenty-one years young Puerto Rican with a bunch of aspirations in life. I love the world of arts and would love to contribute significantly to literature, music, performance and film. Also, I’m pretty psyched you’re here at We Read! If you want to know more about this gal, be sure to check out the About us tab.

When or how did your love for books started?
My love for books actually started at a very young age when I was first introduced to the Junie B. Jones book series. I would sit at Borders (oh, the good times!) for hours while my parents did some shopping at the mall. I have to be honest though, the love started fading away a little bit when we were assigned to read books at school. It just didn’t feel genuine. However, I remember being assigned Isabel Allende’s La Ciudad de las Bestias and completely fell in love with reading again. I loved that book so much I recommended it to my family members, and gave it to my mother’s uncle (about 92 years old at the time). I guess we had the same taste in books, because we discussed it later on and he loved it as well.

What are your favorite genres?
I LOVE poetry books. I think those are my all time favorites. Other genres I really enjoy are short story compilations, novels, romance, young adult fiction, suspense and crime fiction.

What do you love the most about reading?
I love the fact that you can literally be swept off your feet by words that are beautifully and delicately placed. I also love how you can feel the pain a certain character is feeling because the author has such an incredible ability to describe a relatable situation. The best part about reading is being able to connect and feel like you’re watching a movie (or in it)-when all you’re literally doing is reading words off paper. And I think that’s magical.

Name 5 random facts about you.
  1. I am very passionate about the arts. I love to sing. I have a YouTube channel and Facebook page with covers and original songs.

  2. I wrote, directed and acted in a short film called De Viaje.

  3. I have a not-so-short term goal of creating a short film based on a local author’s book.

  4. I know ASL. I’m very passionate about the deaf community.

  5. My dream job would be to work in the entertainment industry.


Thank you, Andrea Carolina! I am SO happy to start this new adventure with you :) And I hope you all enjoy our new content!

***********************************************************

¡Hola! Tengo grandes noticias :) Estoy muy emocionada de darle la bienvenida a mi querida amiga, y ahora co-bloguera, Andrea Carolina! Todo comenzó con una conversación casual donde ella me estaba ofreciendo ideas para mi blog, y yo le dije que ella debería ayudarme y ser mi co-bloguera... ¿y adivinen qué? Ella aceptó y aquí estamos...

¿Qué hay nuevo en el blog?

Asegúrense de verificar las pestañas de arriba en el blog porque hicimos unos cambios. Ahora estaremos manejando el Instagram y la página de Facebook juntas, pero tendremos algunas redes sociales aparte, como Twitter, Goodreads, etc. Lo más importante, ¡es que comenzaremos a compartir algunos videos usando lenguaje de señas! Estaremos haciendo algunos video cortos donde compartiremos nuestras reseñas de libros usando el lenguaje de señas. Además, de ahora en adelante, estaremos escribiendo nuestras publicaciones en inglés y español. Nosotras simplemente somos dos amigas compartiendo nuestro amor por los libros, la escritura y el lenguaje de señas. ¡Estamos súper emocionadas! Y ahora, quiero que conozcan a mi amiga...

Entrevista de Andrea Carolina

Háblanos un poco sobre ti.
HEY! Si estás leyendo esto, lo más probable tú también te llamas Andrea. Así que, holis tocaya! Yo soy Andrea Carolina y soy una boricua de 21 años con muchas metas. Me encanta el mundo de las artes y me encantaría poder contribuir significativamente a la literatura, la música, la actuación y las películas. También, estoy bastante emocionada que estás aquí en We Read. Si quieres conocer más sobre mi, asegúrate de verificar el About us tab.

¿Cuándo o cómo comenzó tu amor por los libros? 
Mi amor por los libros realmente comenzó a una edad temprana cuando primero me introdujeron a la serie de libros de Junie B. Jones. Yo me sentaba en Borders (qué buenos tiempos aquellos) por horas mientras mis padres hacían compras en el mall. Tengo que ser sincera, mi amor por los libros comenzó a desvanecerse un poco cuando nos asignaron leer libros en la escuela. Simplemente no se sentía genuino. Sin embargo, recuerdo que me asignaron La Ciudad de las Bestias de Isabel Allende y me enamoré completamente de la lectura nuevamente. Me gustó tanto ese libro que lo recomendé a los miembros de mi familia y se lo di al tío de mi madre (de unos 92 años en ese momento). Supongo que teníamos el mismo gusto en los libros, porque lo discutimos más adelante y a él también le encantó.

¿Cuáles son tus géneros literarios favoritos?
ME ENCANTAN los libros de poesía. Creo que esos son mis favoritos de todos los tiempos. Otros géneros que realmente disfruto son cuentos, compilaciones, novelas, romance, ficción para jóvenes adultos, suspenso, ficción criminal.

¿Qué es lo más que amas de leer?
Me encanta el hecho que, literalmente, puedes ser capturado por las palabras que se colocan de manera hermosa y delicada. También, me encanta cómo puedes sentir el dolor que siente cierto personaje porque el autor tiene una habilidad increíble para describir una situación relatable. La mejor parte de la lectura es poder conectarse y sentir que está viendo una película, cuando todo lo que literalmente está haciendo es leer palabras en papel. Y creo que eso es mágico.

Menciona 5 hechos tuyos al azar. 
  1. Me apasionan las artes. Me encanta cantar. Tengo un canal de YouTube y una página en Facebook con covers de canciones y canciones originales.

  2. Escribí, dirigí y actué en un cortometraje llamado De Viaje.

  3. Tengo un objetivo a corto plazo de crear un cortometraje basado en un libro de autor local.

  4. Sé comunicarme en lenguaje de señas. Me apasiona la comunidad sorda.

  5. El trabajo de mis sueños sería trabajar en la industria del entretenimiento.


¡Gracias, Andrea Carolina! Estoy MUY feliz de comenzar esta nueva aventura contigo :) ¡Espero que disfruten nuestro nuevo contenido!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for stopping by! ♥