Sunday, October 21, 2012

Photo Tutorial: Macrame Bracelet

Hey everyone! Here's another DIY but this time is about macrame bracelets. This type of bracelet is easier than the double bracelet :) There are many ways to make a macrame bracelet, but I will show you the easy one. At the end of the post, you'll see the other styles. 

Materials: diagonal cutter plier, wood beads and two pieces of macrame thread (available in different colors); one of 4' and the other one of 5'.

Step 1: fold the two pieces of thread in half, make a knot. Make sure the shorter thread (4') it's the one on the middle. Now you will have four threads; two of 2' and two of 2'6". Remember: the size of the threads depends on your wrist.
Step 2: make a letter "P" backwards, using one end of the 2'6" thread.
Step 3: start to 'knit' as shown on the photo. You can click on the photo so you can see the direction of the threads.
Step 4: repeat step 3 until the bracelet fits your wrist. It will look like a curvy braid.
Step 5: finish your bracelet with a wood bead that fits on the hole shown on step 1 (the one on top of the knot). Insert the wood bead through both of the 2' threads. Repeat step 3 two time to secure the wood bead.
Step 6: make a knot and your bracelet is ready!

I hope you like it!! Here are some other macrame bracelet styles...
For this one, you just have to follow the steps on the tutorial. The only difference as you can see, is adding some wood beads in the middle of the bracelet.
For this one, the same; just follow the steps on the tutorial. But, there are two new things here... adding wood beads in the middle of the bracelet and making a straight 'braid' between each bead. To make it straight instead of curvy, you'll need to alternate the step 3 starting with a normal "P". So... you'll have to repeat step 3 and then the alternate step, then again the step 3 until you insert another bead.
This one is straight, not curvy as you can see. As I mentioned, you'll need to do step 3 and then the alternate step. Repeat both steps until you finish, without forgetting about adding some wood beads.

Any question or suggestion? I'm just a click away :) Comment below or email me ;)

20 comments:

  1. Love this bracelet. Simple but very pretty!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for the tutorial- these are really cute! New follower from the blog hop :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Cool tutorial! Following you from the GFC Collective ;)
    xo Sandra
    http://larasvintage.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a great DIY! And super cute, too! :) Thanks for stopping by and following my blog... following you back now! Can't wait to read more from you.

    What's in a Name?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Aw thanks Jessica! I will email you to talk about the button swap thing :) I really like the idea.

      Delete
  5. Those are really cool! I like them a lot! :)
    Dropping by from the GFC Collective. :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. omygosh this is so cool! i'm definitely a new follower!
    hope you follow back :D

    xoxo
    www.ohpenda.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! I love making tons of bracelets :) I'm going to visit your blog right away.

      Delete
  7. great tutorial! i love your cute blog and we are your newest followers..come follow along at chaseandem.blogspot.com XO

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hey girly! Just found your blog through another blog!

    This is amazing, I love these kinds of bracelettes - they are too cute!! Thanks for sharing. I hope you have an amazing day!

    xoxo Heather
    heatherfrostx.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  9. This is awesome! Thanks for sharing, I have always wanted to try making bracelets like these.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Vanessa! You can check out pictures of my creations on facebook.com/sensationalcreationspr
      If you want a tutorial, just let me know :)

      Delete
  10. Thanks for the tutorial, I love macrame! From all of the comments above, it looks like you met a lot of great friends through the hop- that's awesome!

    Thanks so much for linking up with the GFC Collective, hope you come back next week :)
    Bre @ Peacoats and Plaid

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. OMG yes!! Thank you so much for hosting an amazing blog hop! I'm definitely going to join you next week again ;) Thanks again Bre!

      Delete
  11. OMG, Mariely!!! I used to do macrame when I was a kid!! My daughter just asked me how it was done. NOW I can show her!! (I couldn't remember, of course).
    Thanks so much for linking up to my first Linky party! I hope you'll come back next week!! **hugs!!
    -Deena
    www.winkerdoodles.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That's great! :) Macrame bracelets were really popular and for me, they still look cute. I'm definitely joining you next week again, thanks for hosting!!

      Delete

Thanks for stopping by! ♥